Fun Water Activities in the Emerald Coast
A vacation to Florida’s Emerald Coast is not complete until you have taken a dip in the refreshing ocean water. There are plenty of ways to enjoy the water other than just jumping right in. Here are some fun and exciting water activity ideas:
– Paddle Boarding
– Conquering the Wave Runner
– Boat Rental
– Fishing Charter
– Big Kahuna’s Water Park
– Jet Skiing
– Dolphin Tours
– Visit a turtle sanctuary or the Gulfarium.
With an abundance of fun water activities for your family and friends, there is no other place better to vacation than the Emerald Coast. When you plan your Florida summer vacation, give Breakers East Condos a call to book the best condo rental in Destin today.
Let us make you feel at home and help you make the best memories of an exciting summer vacation.
Beat the Florida Heat: Fun Indoor Activities
A vacation along the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida can create some of the best memories with your friends and family. But when the heat gets too intense, trying to do outdoor activities become a little bit difficult, especially if you have young children along with you. Here are some tips and ideas for activities when all you want to do is stay cool:
– Visit a museum. Museums are always a great way to enjoy and learn about the place you are visiting. Learning about the local history will also give you other activity ideas to add on your to do list.
– Restaurant Hopping. Trying different foods is also a great way to explore the local area when you are on vacation. Plenty of restaurants offer great views while allowing you to stay out of the heat. Also, the foods of the places you visit tell a whole story about the local people and history.
– Escape Room Games. The only way you will be breaking a sweat in an escape room is because you will be feeling the pressure to escape under 60 minutes! Escape rooms are a great and fun group activity.
– Enjoy a film at Destin Commons’ AMC Theater. A summer flick is always a great choice if you and your family just want to relax in a cool environment. How laid back you will feel will depend on your movie choice!
– Visit the Eden Gardens State Park. The local historic home offers a tour of the Wesley House. Stay cool indoors while the tour touches base on the history of its previous occupants and how the home came about.
– Shopping. Shopping is a fun default activity! There are plenty of great shopping to explore throughout the Emerald Coast.
When all else fails, you and your family could always enjoy a cool, refreshing dip in the beautiful emerald waters of the Emerald Coast!
Contact us today and check availability! Let us take care of you on your next vacation.
Things to Keep in Mind while on Vacation in Destin, FL
The range of things to do in Destin, Florida are nearly endless. From the beach, to shopping, to the great local food, you are sure to find something to do in our local area. After all, you are here to have fun and make memories. To ensure you don’t get roped into doing other things while on vacation, we have a few tips for your next Emerald Coast escape.
Don’t get Lost in Technology
Don’t get caught up on work tasks while on vacation. To really bond and make memories with friends and family, you need to disconnect from technology whenever possible. To really make the most lasting memories, try to put technology away until after the vacation.
Do Something you’ve Never Done
When you are on vacation, you’re forging new memories. In order to do that, you need to find things that you don’t usually do in your normal routine. If you are traveling in a group, find things to do that everyone in your group will enjoy.
Don’t Forget to Enjoy Yourself
You planned your vacation to the Emerald Coast to enjoy everything the beautiful Gulf has to offer. Go scuba diving, go shopping, or enjoy the beach. Whatever you decide to do, the point is that you relax and not worry about everyday life during your stay.
Does Destin, FL sound like the next place that will help you unwind and relax? Contact our friendly staff to help you plan your next vacation at our Destin condos today!
Mother’s Day Getaway to Destin
Treat your mother to a nice end of spring Destin getaway this Mother’s Day. There is no one more deserving of some relaxation than your mother. Plan a trip for mom and have her enjoy a restful stay at our condos in Destin. Breakers East offers the perfect getaway vacation setting your mother will truly enjoy.
Mother’s Day Ideas
Delight your mom to a relaxing day – A day at the spa is the perfect way to help your mom unwind and relax this Mother’s Day. This could be as simple as getting her nails done or setting up an appointment for a massage.
Experience the beach – Destin, FL is known for its gorgeous white sand beaches. Take your mom on the many miles of beach to catch some sun. A day on the scenic gulf coast beaches would be a great idea of a day out that any mom would appreciate.
Shopping – Destin has many shopping malls in the area. Your mom is sure to find something new to add to her wardrobe. There is the Destin Commons that isn’t very far from our Destin condos and The Silver Sands Premium Outlets in Miramar Beach.
Begin your plans to visit the Emerald Coast with mom this Mother’s Day. Our staff can help you get started on arranging your stay at Breakers East. Contact us today for more information!
April Showers: Rainy Day in Destin
A rainy day on the Northwest Florida Panhandle doesn’t mean that the fun has to end. Enjoying your vacation should be your top priority and there are still lots of things to do on a rainy day in Destin, FL. When the weather isn’t in your favor, it’s time to consider other options to continue the fun.
Spend time at a Museum – Get a taste of the area’s rich history and visit the Indian Temple mound located in Fort Walton Beach. The museum gives locals and visitors the opportunity to see a famous archaeological site in Florida. While you’re in Fort Walton Beach, take the time to visit the Emerald Coast Science Center. They have tons of hands on learning activities and guided programs for children. The whole family is sure to have a blast.
Watch a Movie – A rainy day is the perfect day to catch a newly released movie with the family. The AMC Destin Commons 14 is just a short drive from our Destin condos and features all the newest flicks.
Bowling – Bowling is a great activity that will keep the family active while still being indoors. In Destin, there are a few family friendly bowling options. At Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl and Grill, you can enjoy a full menu while bowling, and at Hurricane Lanes you’ll get a classic bowling and arcade experience.
Whether you decide on a movie, going to the museum, or bowling, just remember that you are on vacation. It’s the time for you to relax and enjoy moments with your family. Ready to book your vacation? Contact our team for more information on our long term and short term stays.
The Must See Beaches Near Destin
When the weather warms up here in the Panhandle, we begin to see more tourists and locals flock to the beaches. So which beaches are the hidden gems near our Destin condos? We reveal the jewels of Destin—the must-visit beaches you have to see on your next trip to Breakers East.
Henderson Beach – Henderson Beach is a protected state park with 6,000 square feet of pristine shoreline along the Gulf of Mexico. There is a six dollar entrance fee for every car, but it’s worth it to see this beauty.
John Beasley Park – Beasley Park is a family friendly public beach with plenty of scenic beauty to brag about. Conveniently located between Destin and Okaloosa Island, this is a breathtaking place to relax with the family and enjoy the beach.
The Shores at Crystal Beach – Crystal Beach is a little known gem hidden among homes in the heart of Destin. With several public beach accesses in the area, you can feel like a local and avoid crowds. Take time to stroll through the iconic pastel-colored neighborhoods of Crystal Beach too.
During your next stay at our Destin condos, make some time to visit these beautiful beaches. Take home the memories of sugar white sands and warm, emerald waters. Contact us today for more information!
New Recognition of the Emerald Coast
Destin, Florida lies in the heart of Florida’s Emerald Coast. It’s one of the few places in the U.S. where you will find powder-white sand beaches and emerald green ocean waters. Recently, Florida’s Emerald Coast was named the 10th Best in the U.S. destinations to see in 2017 by Lonely Planet. It is no surprise that this area of Florida is getting more and more recognition as a tourist destination.
Why Visit the Emerald Coast?
You can always, of course, hit the beach. Destin, Okaloosa Island, and Fort Walton Beach offer many options for beach access.
Aside from the beaches, there are also many activities that are popular in the area. For example, you could get out and paddle board or kayak the scenic waters. There are also boat cruises available to enjoy the water and even see the abundance of wild life in the Gulf.
Discover the areas rich military history. With many military bases located within the Emerald Coast, the military presence is felt throughout the community. Take time to visit the military museums in the area. Learn about military aircraft during the World War II era at Eglin Air Force Base Armament museum. Or a few miles away you can find the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, FL.
As you can see there is no shortage of things to do on the Emerald Coast. Stay at our condos in Destin on your next family trip and discover the list-winning Emerald Coast. Contact us today for more information.
Winter Fun in Destin Florida
The scenic emerald waters of the Destin beaches bring tourists flocking in during the summer months. But what is there to do during the winter time in Destin, FL? Although some of the major tour companies close up for the winter, there is plenty to do during winter in Destin. Find some of the top picks near our Destin condos below.
Much to do in Destin
Sandestin Ice Skating Rink- It is possible to skate in warm weather while on the Emerald Coast. Come to the village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin and enjoy the yearly ice skating rink between November 1st and January 31st. The ice skating rink is located inside a white tent and is a great activity to do with the family. There is really nothing like ice skating in Florida with 70 degree weather outside.
Gulfarium fun with the Family – The Gulfarium is open year round 7 days a week with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Gulfarium is a must see in the winter as the crowds are smaller allowing you to enjoy all the great animal encounters available at the park. Right now you can enjoy the year pass at 40% off until December 31st.
Beach Bonfire – If you are looking to stay warm these winter months, what better way then surrounded by friends at a beach bonfire. Rentals include chairs and campfire s’mores. Get more information on 30A beach bonfire this winter and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Ready for your winter stay at our Destin condos? Contact our office today to get started!
Our Tips for a Romantic stay at our Destin Condos
The Gulf of Mexico’s scenic views make Breakers East Condominiums the perfect place for a romantic Destin vacation. Whether you have a big anniversary coming up or simply want to get away with your significant other, our Destin condos offer the perfect backdrop to an unforgettable escape. If you are considering planning a romantic getaway at our Destin vacation condos, we have a few suggestions that could make your experience a memorable one.
Weekend for Two
1. Walk on the Beach – Stroll down the beach with your sweetheart. Put your toes in the sand and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the spectacular Emerald Coast. Our Destin beaches are beautiful any time of day but make sure to catch one of the picturesque Destin sunsets.
2. Enjoy a Romantic Dinner – A moonlight stroll along the beach and a lovely dinner are the perfect way to end the day. Destin has many romantic restaurants that are great for a night out with your partner. For a romantic dinner, we recommend the Marina Café. It is one of Destin’s most awarded restaurants and has an expansive wine collection.
3. Enjoy Water Activities – There are so many water sports you can enjoy as a couple in Destin. Choose from the many activities available in this beach town such as kayaking, parasailing, paddle boarding, or dolphin cruising. Create some wonderful memories that you can remember years to come.
Ready to start planning your Destin vacation? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to get you started on your next romantic retreat.
Where to get the Best Breakfast near our Destin Condos
Breakfast has to be one of the favorite meals among tourists. When on vacation, you actually have the time to fully enjoy it without the rush of getting to work. And with the weather cooling down on the Emerald Coast, it’s always nice to start a fresh morning with a hearty breakfast. We’ve rounded up the best restaurants to get your breakfast near our Destin condos.
Our Top Choices near our Destin Condos
1. The Donut Hole – This restaurant is less than 10 minutes from our condos and aside from offering a great selection of donuts, they also offer great breakfast choices such as Huevos Rancheros and hearty omelets. But note that their specialty is Key Lime Pie.
2. Another Broken Egg – Just minutes from our Destin condos, you will find Another Broken Egg. A local favorite that serves unique twists on classics such as crab cake Eggs Benedict and biscuit beignets. This place is great for a quick breakfast or a leisurely brunch.
3. The Pancakery – Are you in love with pancakes, waffles, and French toast? Then visit The Pancakery to enjoy a dessert-like breakfast with your choice of toppings. If you aren’t such a sweet tooth, The Pancakery also offers traditional savory breakfasts.
If you are staying at our Destin condos, you will certainly need a fill for your morning appetite. At your next stay at Breakers East, try some of our top picks for breakfast in Destin, FL. Need more information about booking your stay at Breakers East? Contact us today to learn more.